This position requires the incumbent to have a sound working knowledge of freight manual handling and
delivery procedures / systems.
The majority of time spent at work will involve working alone therefore there is a high level of autonomy.
Excellent time management skills to ensure adherence to delivery timetables and the safe operation of
equipment necessary to achieve this are fundamental requirements for success in this role.
The position is based as per clause three. All SRT depots are smoke free working environments. Smoking is
prohibited at SRT workplaces which includes our vehicles.
The ability to safely, accurately and professionally load and unload vehicles and transport freight in
accordance with the relevant laws is a requirement of the position. As is the ability to foster good working
relationships with all our customers.
Working co-operatively and closely with Warehouse Supervisors, Storemen and other Drivers is a daily
requirement of the position.
Essential qualifications for this position are:
• Fork lift license. (Maximum manufacturers seat weight limit is 125kg).
• Medium Rigid licence (or higher).
• Physical capacity to safely manual handle up to 30kg.
Duties may include but not be limited to:
• Assist as required with the loading and unloading of freight in accordance with direction and paperwork received from the Storeman / Warehouse Supervisor.
• Maintaining a professional driving attitude, relevant license and current knowledge of road laws and regulations (NHVR, Mass, Fatigue etc).
• Handle freight in accordance with safety requirements and in such a way that the potential for injury or damage is minimised / eliminated.
• Comply with all freight handling requirements including food safety, Quality Assurance and temperature control systems.
• Conduct a pre-departure check on any vehicle which you have been allocated daily, and ensure cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the vehicle and pan.
• Operate the vehicle which you have been allocated in accordance with road laws and in accordance with the standards required by SRT.
• Ensure all paperwork raised in support of a consignment is correctly completed for each delivery and returned at end of shift.
• Ensure Proof of Delivery (POD) documentation is received for every delivery.
• Communicate through the chain of command to the Supervisor / DC Manager on all relevant issues. This includes but is not limited to – documenting on the relevant forms freight which may have been overlooked, damaged freight, driver concerns, accident reports, hazard reports, incident reports, equipment failure etc.
• Participate with management relating to tasks such as performance appraisal, problem solving and planning.
• Adhere to the guidelines contained in the SRT Employee Manual and any other policy or direction from SRT management.
About The Company
SRT is a specialist provider of refrigerated transport and warehouse services to the wholesale and retail food industries in, predominately, the Tasmanian and Victorian markets.